Monday, July 18, 2011

Oxford



Went to Oxford yesterday. It was raining, so didn’t take many pictures. Mood already dampened by the rain. I think it’s not as nice as Cambridge city.
But from the pictures uploaded by other friends, it seems that there are some corners of the city which shows its true history.

Actually I’m more interested in the Bodleian Library and Christ Church, which were the film locations for the Hogwarts library and Great Hall in Harry Potter movies.
Haha HP fan here. But ah, the entrance tickets are expensive. What a turn-off. =.=

Anyway heard that the queue was damn long. So even if you are willing to pay, u may not be able to get in either. Luckily for us, we have internet. can view anytime at the comfort of our own room and can take our own sweet time. xD


Bodleian Library

(by J.Samoral in Flikr)


featured as Library in Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry

(http://www.historic-uk.com/DestinationsUK/HarryPotter.html)





Christ Church - Great Hall


(the above 3 pictures, see also know that they are taken by professionals la.
So credits to them, not me)



So instead of trying to find our ways to those tourist attractions in Oxford, ky and I decided to just hang out. Stroll casually along the streets. Go into whatever shops that catch our attention. Visit a museum or two.

Curi the map from Simon and took off. Haha…sorry Simon. I’m sure you won’t miss us anyway. Maybe your map. =P

Tours organized by Hallam Union has poor services. No student rep. Not all students are provided maps. No advice on where to go what to play. Tsk tsk. It charges the same ticket price with tour agencies but lousy customer service.

But it’s good to get out and breathe some fresh air, change of mind and scenery after every hectic week of assignments.

Saw this bookshop that sells all of its books at 2pounds each!! All of its books are expensive kinds. I’d say within the range of RM36-RM150++.
Political, Science, Art, Travel, Fiction, Business, Religion, Health etc.
Stayed so long in there, trying to get a book I’d want enough to buy it, or there’s someone I can give it to. Didn’t wanna buy just because it’s worth it, ‘cause I feel like that’s insulting a book’s existence lol. But in the end couldn’t find, felt so sad...
Ky and I managed to grab a book each, after almost an hour in there I think. xD


Day trips like these are fun actually. Only drawback is the bus ride. 6-8 hours to and return journey. Tiring.


As if to make up for the rainy day, we saw this spectacular view as reached home and headed for dinner in city centre.



Rainbow!



Not only 1....




But a double rainbow!
My camera can’t capture clearly the second rainbow.
but it can be seen very clearly, in reverse colors.



the rainbow is so wide that it cannot fit into my lens.
Needa take two shots for complete bow lol.


After awhile, the rainbow became a stacker rainbow. The one that.. erm, below the normal rainbow is immediately attached with a range of colors, but fainter and narrower.
wiki if u're interested to know =)

And after some time, all 7 rainbow colors became more vivid. Macam highlighted by Stabilo highlighter. When the stacker (supernumerary) rainbow appeared, I stopped taking pics and just enjoy it haha. It lasted so long. Never seen this before.

ok la i insert one pic i curi from a fb fren xD

credits to Henry Yee

Had a very nice dinner at Hong Kong Wok. Ironic.
At Malaysia, we go eat Western. At UK, we go eat Oriental food.
Maybe food taste better when they’re more expensive. Lol.



2 comments:

Jonathan aka Lil' Boy said...

Too bad I wasn't in Oxford during the summer LOL. Btw, I get to go into Bodleian and christ church FOC LOL

DeNise~ said...

how come FOC?!! nice not touring inside? =D or they look a whole lot better in movies than in reality?

r u graduating soon too?

 
Copyright 2009 Where Memories are Shared.... Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator