We're currently undergoing through one of those plain-bad-luck phase in our lives right now.
Not just me, but my whole family.
Dun tell me its superstitious. 'Cause things like this don't happen consecutively because of coincidence.
First, the refrigerator broke down. It has been on-and-off malfunctioning for like the entire month. It was sent for repair, and came home functioning perfectly. But only for two days. Then it broke down again. The refrigerator man came for a come-back job, then he certified its end of usage life.
And for those people living in Ampang area (didn't really notice other areas), remember the rubbish bin outside the house? The ones made in cement, looking all tough and endurable to all sorts of weather. Well, ours, the base part of it came tumbling down one fine morning. Cement u know...
Then my dad crashed into a motorcyclist, sending him a few metres away lying on the floor. Luckily no serious injury caused. But hey, *kaching*. RM1000 gone including repair of both vehicles and medical compensation.
Finally, it infected me. I think it all sorta climaxed today, my bad luck I mean. I certainly hope that there isn't gonna be a day worse than this.
I woke up this morning and the electricity was cut off 5 minutes later. Been having menstrual pain whole morning. So went back to snuggling under my blanket, feeling cold even without my fan or aircond. In the end I didn't eat anything except an apple before going to college. Upon reaching college, I heard that the list of students accepted into the Advance Diploma in Commerce (Financial Accounting), in short AFA course, is out. My friends said that the names on the list are ranked according to their CGPAs, so I secretly wondered whether I would see my name among the top twenty-or-so. Haha..after all I did quite well throughout these two years.
People were crowding around the list on the bulletin board, so I decided to check it out later since it's freaking hot and I was practically sweating like hell. Did I mention I developed an headache at that moment of day also? So by the time I did get back to the bulletin board, my name was nowhere to be found. Not at the top, not at the bottom. In fact, not even included in that list. Quite shocked. It never once entered my mind that I will not be accepted, you see. And my friends are all inside it, my fellow distinction mates and those who graduated with merit. Except me. @.@
Unbelievable. So I came back again later with Lei Yee, who double-checked for me. Still negative. ?!!
Went straight to Ms Geh's office, accompanied by Mr Soo.
"Is it possible that my name got left out? 'Cause I got distinction and AFA's my first choice."
"It's unlikely. Maybe you should check whether you got your second choice instead."
"So graduating with distinction doesn't guarantee us a place in the course under our first choice?"
"Not necessarily. There are other criterias involved too."
=.= Excuse me, even if there are "other criterias" involved, I believe I'm also not worse than those who got into the list lah. Else what are my two years worth of exhaustion participating in societies for?
Frustration cuz of thAt, plus coming to a still out-of-electricity home, plus majOr headache, plus I didn't get to eat my porridge, all sums up to a really bad day.
Hopefully things will turn out to be better tomorrow.
1 comment:
你知道我的英文差的啦...這次我就不打英文啦...
不如意十之八九,又何必介懷呢?
你知道我去年曾經一度放棄來臺灣就因為家中的事情嗎?我老爸在去年做工時就因為儀器結果左手三只手指都幾乎碾扁,手術做完后復建就做了半年,我老媽去年也因為視網膜脫落結果左右眼都做了手術,我本來要去中國讀書結果因為錢的問題就考慮來臺灣...你是一天也許好一些...我家就整整一年都這么倒霉,我不是拿自己來跟你做比較,但是我覺得看東西不要這么灰,也許不選擇這條路還是有很多路可以走呢?
haha,好像打作文醬...
很不習慣說教啊....
加油!我也覺得這一切都是不可能的事!
挺你啊!^^
Post a Comment