Ten minutes to 9:30pm, we said byebYe and ended our phone conversation. I thought I already overcome it this afternoon and faced the fact that Ed’s leaving very soon, as in within matters of hours. But still, when he said,
“Puiyee I’m leaving now…”
Tears still flooded my eyes. I know that it’s not like you’re going somewhere so remote and out of reach even with internet or I won’t be seeing you for another 10 years, but just the thought that I won’t be able to see you just streets away from my home or chat endlessly about craps whenever you ring by is sufficient to choke myself in tears. I guess what I'm afraid of are the changes and unknown possibilities there may be as time passes by. Hence the long pauses in our phone conversation right before you board the plane. And you thought I was busy playing msn… -.-”
But I know you’ve got your plate full already. Being all alone, and having to fit in an entirely new environment.
However, just as you said, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a sad affair. Parting with people is inevitable to pursue your chosen path. After all, in one’s life, countless people step into it and walk out of it. The ones who left footprints in your heart are the ones whom you truly cherish. *you'd better not have the idea of walking out on me just like that…*
Thinking from a different perspective, we may have close friends scattered all over the world in future but connected to each other simply by occasional but warm thoughts for each other. Isn’t that somthing beautiful as well?
We watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday. It wasn’t as touching as what my friend has told me, but the story is somewhat interesting and the dialogues are worth reflecting upon.
When Mrs. Maple was trimming Benjamin’s hair, Benjamin was feeling depressed at the thought of having to lose the people he loves as they grow older and he grows younger. Then Mrs. Maple said:
“Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?”
How true... people always realize the significance of that someone after they lose them.
And finally, for papaya, I would like to quote this from Benjamin’s mama, Queenie:
“You never know what's comin' for ya.”
So look forward for what the future has got to offer. All the best. =)
1 comment:
EXACTLY!! He who not and never will understand hw we feel. altho i'v bugged him abt sending him off for the last minute seeing him...watever...
Post a Comment