By the way, this morning I suddenly recalled a phone conversation I had with Edmund many years back… it went something like this…
Ed: Yerr… there was a lizard squashed flat on the door frame of my room.
DeNise: Disgusting! That’s probably you always slamming your door. (That time Ed’s a super mood-swinger ~ Now he’s still one but lesser of one, haha)
Ed: Hahaha… so cute! It’s like SO flat. Wonder how many times it was crushed by the door to get that flat.
DeNise: Poor lizzie…
Without realizing it, I (or one of my family members) have committed the same unspeakable crime a few years later.
This discovery was made while my mom’s doing spring cleaning at the kitchen this morning. I’ve never seen one this huge in my life. Unlike Ed’s lizzie, this more unfortunate one was squashed on the hinges of the door at my kitchen. You can't spot it unless u stand very near to the gate, and then look to the right. Which means we have no idea how many months (or perhaps years) it has been there, being repeatedly slammed against to becoming part of the door frame.
What’s more surprising, when mom was trying to broom it down, a smaller baby lizzie fell down before the huge one did. Apparently, it was a doomed fate for a mother and child who went for a pleasant sunbathing trip at the door hinge.
ps: Judging by the sound of how it fell onto the ground, it's really crispy. I cant help but be reminded of the satay ikan thing Penang is famous of...
2 comments:
and i thought i was a murderer...
Btw,
its so huge...mine was a baby ...euw.
Remember the deflated mouse with size of the cat on the road we've walked thru ...kekekee
THATS A FRIGGIN HUGE ONE!!! goosebumps here!!
Post a Comment