Once again, it's the first day of the year. Time really flies~
As I was flicking through newspaper this morning, I realised so much have happened throughout the entire 2008... Those articles that featured on the disasters like earthquake in Sichuan were particularly heartbreaking. Innocent lives were taken away, leaving their loved ones devastated. However it is at these moments that humans showed one another the long lost kind nature. Teachers were sacrificing themselves to protect students; a man saved other children but couldn’t help his own to survive... This made me realized once again the problems that I face were nothing compared to the agony they have gone through. I should be grateful that nothing that tragedic happened to my life, although it wasn't an entirely peaceful year either.
Anyway, that’s enough of being emo for the past. Let’s move on to the present and look forward to the future. =D
Let’s see...what do I have in mind for 2009? As each year begins, I start listing out things that I wanna achieve, only to be forgotten within matter of weeks. =P But I’m sure this year is gonna be different, yep.
DeNise’s Resolution List 2009
1. Be clear (at least less doubtful) of my direction in studies and my future career.
2. Be more of an enthusiastic learner instead of studying those subjects plainly for excelling in exams. (hopefully I’ll find Accounting more exciting this way)
3. Clear off those frustrating skin problems.
4. Sleep more.
5. Exercise more. Seriously neEd to improve my stamina and look better.
6. Show more love to my loved ones. =)
7. Enjoy more of my college life! For the past year I’ve been so busy, my goodness. No wonder I’m so exhausted.
8. Find a great hairstyle that suits me like no other.
9. Prove that I can actually fall for someone.
10. Improve my communication skills. Not that I’m bad at it, just that I still have rooms for improvement in this when dealing with sensitive people.
11. DefeAt the laziness and the habit of procrastination in me. Don’t let this bury my intelligence. Haha...
These are only part of them. Hopefully I’ll be able to state with pride that I’ve at least accomplished more than half of these by this time next year. Looking at Ed’s list, 3 out his 7 resolutions are related to being more optimistic. I, on the other hand, should learn to be less optimistic so that I can stop being so relaxed even when I’m studying last minute for exams...
Enough said, let's cheers to a greAt year aheAd! =)
2 comments:
ur no.1 resolution is not clear meh.u had ur one way ticket n its heading u to one direction only je ma.*~~~***aura aura aura***~~*ACCOUNTANCY*~~***aura aura***~*. hehehehe.
accountancy oso can branch out to different things ma~ stil have things to think over...
u le, secured ur seat on d plane whc flies in the direction of nz?
Post a Comment