Sunday, July 5, 2009

You are not alone...

I noticed that since Michael Jackson died, everyone seem to have something to say. It's everywhere. In newspapers, in televisions, in blogs. Views differ from one another. Some positive, some negative, some neutral.

I always find people who believed 100% of what appears in the entertainment news... narrow minded.

There's this Chinese proverb 无风不起浪, which basically means rumours don't appear for no reason. However, you know how entertainment news are like. They found bits of news which can be potentially "interesting", then add abit of this and that, and finally print it out with a really catchy title in BOLD on top of it. BAM! There you go, another scandal.
Thus, unless I've done sufficient research into that topic, I wouldn't go around "sharing" my opinions about someone else's life simply based on what I've heard from others. Especially when it's nothing close to a compliment.

After Michael Jackson passed away, suddenly light is shed upon the truth. Suddenly the child (adult now) who previously accused MJ of molesting him jumped out and admitted that it was all plotted by his parents for money. Suddenly more people realized that he is listed in the Guiness World Records for Most Charities Supported by a Pop Star. Suddenly people started to believe he actually bleached his skin because of his skin disease named Vitiligo.

I'm not writing this because I'm "suddenly" a huge fan of MJ. I've never been one, although I'm amazed by his dance moves and his effort in uniting people through his music.
The point I'm trying to make here is simple. Don't make judgements when you don't know the whole truth. I see people doing that all the time and not jokingly doing it. They actually believe whatever assumptions they make about people, sometimes even after facts have proved to the contrary.

Give others the benefit of doubt, and give yourself a chance to know others.




Here i embedded my favourite song of his -- You Are Not Alone.
It's a beautiful and touching song. Been humming this ever since I was a kid.

I came across the MV of this song this afternoon, as MTV was playing it as a tribute to him.
Suddenly this thought occured to me, that he might have been a lonely person, being misunderstood by so many.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!
Baru saya tau!

DeNise~ said...

bagus. lol.

Anonymous said...

yakah?tapi saya ingat hari tu,u cakap juga tak tau dia kenapa skin adalah putih punya la...kenapa sekarang u tau?

DeNise~ said...

i didn't know, so i didn't say anything lor. Now i know, so i share the knowledge la.

DeNise~ said...

Why are u conversing in Malay btw? Missing Malaysia thAt much? lol

Anonymous said...

kerana saya harus melatih dulu,
tahun depan saya ada balik cari u,
kalau tidak,saya akan tak dapat cari u mah...sana banyak orang babi lah...

 
Copyright 2009 Where Memories are Shared.... Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator