Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012


It’s been awhile since I’ve updated bout my life on this blog. 6 months I think.
It is now a brand new year of 2013.

Checking back the previous posts, I realize that the last time that I actually made a resolution list was…2009. Maybe I’ve finally realized that it is nothing but formality. A mere gesture to pretend that we would actually change our habits hahaha.

But nonetheless, if you look back at the resolution list that you’ve once written down, and found out that you actually made progress or even better, accomplished it, you would at least feel that these years that pass by have not gone to waste.

As I’ve only accomplished 5 out of 11 resolutions that I’ve listed in 2009, this year I’ll make it simple:
1. Show more love to my loved ones.
2. Stick to healthy lifestyle, i.e sleep before 12am, exercise more, eat less fried, salty and fatty food.
3. Enrich myself to be more confident.

2011 was a fast-paced eventful year. 2012, despite slower paced, is the year where turning points in my life occurred.

  1. I completed ACCA papers
    (not that it means much, but at least no more painful resits!! Though it also means higher membership fees =.=”)

  2. I signed up for FSTEP programme with Public Bank = got myself a job.
    (and with it came a 2 year bond, of which 1 year of below-market salary and 0 benefits as an “intern” and another year of lost freedom.
    But in exchange, I made good friends, unforgettable memories, and…)

  3. I met him =)
I may be sporting and carefree at times, but when it comes to matters that involve emotions, I become very rational. I analyze, think from different perspectives, consider every possible alternative, and then choose the decision with minimum negative impact.
Call me risk averse, but I am only afraid of being heartbroken.

Thus, I once doubt that if I would ever fall for someone, with such careful mentality in mind.

But the truth is, I didn’t even realize it until it’s too late to turn back. Lol.
One moment we’re still friends with good impression. The next thing you know, the thought of separation already saddens me to the point of tears. Ah.
Then you know it has already slyly made its way into your heart, through those barricades that you’ve carefully built up over the years.

Still, being the prudent person that I am, I wouldn’t want to set my expectations too high. Life is too unpredictable. (not sure why such an old-mentality-phase is coming out of a 22-year-old girl like me, but I’ve seen enough)

I only wish that we can stay happy while together. If it is meant to be, it will be. =)


May all of us have a greAt year ahead!! 

2 comments:

Ho Chuan said...

好久好久没有看你写的文章了
看完发现我的英文好像进步了XD
恭喜你
原来我迟这么多知道~哈哈哈
伟荣知道的时候讲了一句话:又一个好女孩跑了~

DeNise~ said...

伟荣说得好啊!哈哈...
我也是很久没来看我的blog了,所以现在才看到你的comment =P
谢谢啦 =) 也祝你快乐! 

 
Copyright 2009 Where Memories are Shared.... Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator