It’s 2am of Friday now. Exactly 2 and 3 quarter days from my exams. And though I have more than ¼ of my syllabus uncovered yet, guess what I’ve been doing for the past 6 hours.I have been reading a novel by Cecelia Ahern, from start to finish.
Yes. Instead of revising 2 chapters of Business Analysis and possibly another 2 more FRS, I chose to do something that is quite crazy and what students in their right mind and a condition like mine, would never do.
Everyone would be trying to revise as much as possible, rest and eat only when necessary, then back to revising. Especially when time wasn’t sufficient in the first place.
But I decided to spend the night away on a novel. One I’ve read before, yet still able to touch me to tears with its simple storytelling. I think I’m particularly emotional when I’m stressed. Tears come unexpectedly easy, at the slightest tug of heartstring. Be it a simple sentence, a scene, or even a photograph.
As we face stress everywhere we turn to, we gradually lose sight of what is the most important. Being in a relatively happy state is extremely important when you’re under stress. So I decided to sit back and let Ivan cheered me up through his perspective of life and friendships.
Might regret this tomorrow, now that I’m even more behind schedule than I already was, since I’ve let a good 6 hours slipped away. But, people make do with what they have and move on.
And that’s exactly what I’m going to do with the next few days.
Do your best, Puiyee. =)
ps: I wish i have an invisible friend too, who loves and cares for u in silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment